Sunday, November 6, 2011

Predictions

I have a strong feeling that things are not going to end well for Dorian Gray. I think this book will take a tragic twist based on the way the conflicts ore forming. Earlier in the novel, as Sibyl Vane’s brother was preparing to embark on a long trip, he warned that if Dorian wronged his sister, than he would track him down and kill him. Sibyl took the threat very lightly and said she would probably laugh about it someday. I think that the purpose of this was to foreshadow Doran’s fate. Later in the novel, Dorian was so cruel to Sibyl that she committed suicide by poisoning herself. I predict that Sibyl brother will stay true to his promise, track down Dorian Gray, and kill him. As for Dorian’s internal struggle with aging, I also do not think this will end well for him. I predict that the painting will drive him to insanity. Lord Henry will continue to pressure Dorian into living his life to the fullest by ranting on about deep subjects. However I don’t think Dorian will continue to put up with his friends. I think he will eventually turn on them and go about his life alone. His portrait will continue to age and reveal the true evil within himself. I have no doubt that blood will be shed before the end of the chapter. It is also safe to say that Dorian Gray’s internal conflict will be the causes of many other peoples’ misfortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment